Wednesday 10 August 2011

Redwork Tree on Lady Elizabeth Afghan August 10, 2011

This is the first of 10 designs that I am stitching with six strands of DMC 321 on the Lady Elizabeth Afghan which is 14 ct.   It is fun to do and I must remember to wash it first after it's all done in vinegar and cold water to set the red!!  :)    This tree design is from the Christmas 1990 issue of Celebrations to Cross Stitch and Craft magazine.   I have actually ordered the Zweigart Winter Redwork designs after starting this, so I will continue on the rest of the designs once I get the new patterns and the thread.   As you can see by the number of strands needed to cover the afghan I ordered 10 skeins of DMC 321 to be sure I have enough.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hope you enjoyed my blog. Thanks for visiting!! :)