Thursday 10 March 2016

MIll Hill "SNow Days" completed today

Hi.  I completed the beading today and as you can see, I realized after I put the frame sitting on top of the fabric, that I forgot to put the little ceramic dog in the bottom left corner.   also you may note that I did use 28 count monaco fabric instead of the paper from the kit as I don't enjoy stitching on the paper.  I found the extra 0332 green beads that were missing from the kit, in my stash of extra beads which was lovely. I was surprised with stitching this kit, with 36 of the 0332 beads missing and the number of  petite crystal beads 40161 that didnt even fit the needle that they sent with the kit, I wondered of the ones who have stitched Mill Hill kits, have you had problems with this too.?  A little note too, I used B5200 dmc thread instead of the 000 white.  In person it does show up better against the white fabric.   Happy Stitching all! I'm on to Margaret Sherry 'Domestic Goddess' which I haven't worked on for a long time!  lol 


3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your finished work, it looks wonderful and the frame fits great. Sunny greetings from New Orleans, Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much Alice! I appreciate you coming by to look. Thanks for the sunshine too! Happy Stitching! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed my blog. Thanks for visiting!! :)