I worked on Joan Elliott design since last week a little and completed it Saturday for IHSW. Will be a Christmas ornie for 2013.
First of 16 designs of Margaret Sherry 2009 Calendar I finished this morning. This one is Sept 2008 on a pale blue cloth about two shades lighter than the DMC 964 of the bottom blue stitches. Doesn't show the blue of the cloth though, with my camera. I changed the Anchor thread to DMC . It was an enjoyable stitch.
Started this on Saturday. It is the second Gingerbread mouse I will stitch. This one, due to the fact that the tail and fairy button for the bottom are not available, will be done with copper beads instead of gold, and I already made a cute copper wire tail. Haven't chosen a copper button for the bottom yet, but will keep looking.
This is the stitching I worked on this aft and evening. The 'New Baby Sampler - Tatty Teddy'. I had the top 6 rows done already during the week, but worked on this all day today. I would love to have it completed by the time my first Great Nephew arrives. :)
Worked for about two hours on this Candy Rush - HAED today as well. It's coming along nicely and I love the pinks of it. :)
Started this cute Newton Christmas design during the week as well, but only the top antler On Friday I did part of the ears and the face and added the nose. Thanks Valerie for the wonderful banding. It looks great with the red edging. :)
Couldn't forget to show you the pic of the Gingerbread mouse completed previously, which I gave to Denise, He is just adorable. I used heavy button thread for his whiskers and that worked well. Also wanted to mention I used 28 ct linen instead of 32 and it did make him about 1/2 inch larger than the pattern suggested but still only 2 inches in length.
I certainly enjoyed stitching this week, being sick with this cold helped with not going anywhere, lol. I got more done than usual. Love IHSW, which really motivates me for the weekend and can't wait to see everyone's stitching. Hope you have a great week stitching !! :)