Sunday 9 January 2011

January 9th, 2011

Well, first of all, Happy New Year to you all..  Hope it's a wonderful one.  I have completed another part of the Pauline Schwartz sampler and so thought I would put up a pic to update you all on my stitching of it.  I was working on the small alphabet and stitching along then came to the 'm' which was after the 'k' missing the 'l'.  I looked back on the original of the 1866 sampler and saw that was a mistake that she made way back then in 1866, so I had to follow the mistake even though I would have liked to correct it.  I already had noticed in the large letters of the sampler that I already stitched that there is no 'w'.  I suppose that was just how it was done back then.   It is looking pretty good, and I really like using the one DMC 815 thread as it contrasts nicely with the linen.   Happy stitching to all this year!!  :)

1 comment:

  1. Always hard to fight the urge to correct the reproduction samplers. But the mistakes are what make them so charming I think. You can really feel you are channeling those ancestral stitchers!

    Looking very good.

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed my blog. Thanks for visiting!! :)