Saturday 20 February 2016

Mill Hill "Snow Days" Ready for Beads now!

I finished all the white. Yay! lol  My pet peeve colour!  I checked the pattern over a couple of times to find I'd missed a few stitches of other colours, but the cross stitching is completed now and I can start my beading.   Since I  found a few years ago, the short beading needles, I love to bead.  It's much easier with the short beading needle.  Well, stitching friends, I've read lots of your blogs and so many people doing so much stitching.  It's wonderful to see.  Happy Stitching!! :)

6 comments:

  1. Well done on completing the white and getting to your favourite part! There are always a LOT of beads in a Mill Hill but they do look amazing.
    I use a petite 28 needle for stitching and have found I can use it for most beads too, which is good because I always stab myself with the sharper beading needle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I did beading on two trees and ran out of 332, so will have to ask for more. I use John James short bead needle, JJ10712B #12 which work great. I've never tried a 28 needle, will try, thanks for the hint! :)

      Delete
  2. It's very pretty so far. Looking forward to seeing it with the beads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi I started beading and guess what, the 332 green beads are shorted by 36 beads. wow, not good for a kit design. I'll have to finish up other colours too and then write to them to send more of what colours are missing in the beads. :(

      Delete
  3. Snow Days looks amazing.. I know what you mean about white! I never seem to be able to stitch with white - it always looks horrible no matter how careful I am!!
    I must look for the short beading needles - I only have really long ones which get a bit tricky to use sometimes :o)
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Thanks! ugh white!! lol I use John James #12 Bead needles, code JJ10712B Theres 4 in the pkg for about $3. USD Ive found these most beneficial for beading. Theres also a #10 but they are thicker in diameter. :) Happy Stitching! Hugs!

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed my blog. Thanks for visiting!! :)